Has America Forgotten the Doctrines and Teachings
of the Holy Bible?
Michael L. Chadwick
Former Professional Staff Member, Subcommittee on the Constitution,
Committee on the Judiciary, U. S. Senate and Director of the National
Bicentennial Program on the U. S. Constitution, Washington, D. C.
Boise, Idaho: Liberty Park USA Publishing Company
P. O. Box 16184. Boise, Idaho 83715
Copyright © 2007 by Michael L. Chadwick. All rights reserved.
Copyright © 2007 of Electronic Texts by Michael L. Chadwick. All rights reserved. No part of these electronic texts may be reproduced, distributed, stored in electronic databases, personal computers, search engine databases, web sites or transmitted in any form or by any means, including photocopying, recording, or other electronic or mechanical methods without the prior written permission of the publisher. Electronic fingerprints have been placed in the
code and texts to prevent copyright violations.
Table of Contents
Statements by Early Clergy and Statesmen
Part I – Basic Doctrines and Teachings of the Prophets in the Old Testament
Part II – The Doctrines and Teachings of the Apostles in the New Testament
Statements by Early Clergy and Statesmen
Virtues of the Christian System
Let divines and philosophers, statesmen and patriots, unite their endeavors to renovate the age, by impressing the minds of men with the importance of educating their little boys and girls, of inculcating in the minds of youth the fear and love of the Deity and universal philanthropy, and, in subordination to these great principles, the lover of their country; of instructing them in the art of self-government without which they never can act a wise part in the government of societies, great or small; in short, of leading them in the study and practice of the exalted virtues of the Christian system.... –Samuel Adams, October 4, 1790
The Influence of Christianity
To the kindly influence of Christianity we owe that degree of civil freedom and political and social happiness which mankind now enjoys. In proportion as the genuine effects of Christianity re diminished in any nation; either through unbelief, or the corruption of its doctrines, or the neglect of its institutions; in the same proportion will the people of that nation recede from the blessings of genuine freedom, and approximate the miseries of complete despotism. –Dr. Jedediah Morse, April 25, 1799
The Holy Bible
The moral principles and precepts contained in the scriptures ought to form the basis of all our civil constitutions and laws. All the miseries and evils which men suffer from vice, crime, ambition, injustice, oppression, slavery, and war, proceed from their despising or neglecting the precepts contained in the Bible. –Noah Webster
America-a Christian Nation
The proposition that the United States of America are a Christian and Protestant nation, is not so much the assertion of a principle as the statement of a fact. That fact is not simply that the great majority of the people are Christians and Protestants, but t he the organic life, the institutions, laws, and official action of the government, whether that action should be legislative, judicial, or executive, is, and of right should be, and in fact must be, in accordance with the principles of Protestant Christianity. –Reverend Charles Hodge, Princeton Seminary, 1876
America is the Land of the Holy Bible
This is a Christian nation, first in name, and secondly because of the many and mighty elements of pure Christianity which have given it character and shaped its destiny from the beginning. It is preeminently the land of the Bible, of the Christian Church, and of the Christian Sabbath. It is the land of the great and extensive and oft-repeated revivals of a spiritual religion, –the land of a free conscience and of free speech, –the land of noble charities and of manifold and earnest efforts for t he elevation and welfare of the human race. The chief security and glory of the United States of America has been, is now, and will forever, the prevalence and domination of the Christian faith. –B. Sutherland
Diffuse a Knowledge of the Bible
Diffuse the knowledge of the Bible, and the hungry will be fed, and the naked clothed. Diffuse the knowledge of the Bible, and the stranger will be sheltered, the prisoner visited, and the sick ministered unto. Diffuse the knowledge of the Bible, and Temperance will rest upon a surer basis than any mere private pledge or public statute. Diffuse the knowledge of the Bible, and the peace of the world will be secured by more substantial safeguards than either the mutual fear, or the reciprocal interests, of princes or of people. Diffuse the knowledge of the Bible, and the day will be hastened, as it can be hastened in no other way, when every yoke shall be loosened, and every bond broken, and when there shall be no more leading into captivity.... –John Winthrop
The Religious Character of America
Finally, let us not forget the religious character of our origin. Our fathers were brought hither by their high veneration for the Christian religion. They journeyed by its light, and labored in its hope. They sought to incorporate its principles with the elements of their society, and to diffuse its influence through all their institutions, civil, political, or literary. Let us cherish these sentiments, and extend this influence still more widely; in the full conviction, that, that is the happiest society which partakes in the highest degree of the mild and peaceful spirit of Christianity. –Daniel Webster
Part I–White House Guest Taken to Mayo Clinic
On January 20, 2004 one of America’s most distinguished citizens and a close personal friend of the president was taken secretly to Scottsdale, Arizona for emergency treatment. It appears that the VIP was visiting with the president in the Oval office prior to the State of the Union address when he became disoriented and confused. Due to the celebrity status of the guest and the possible effect upon Wall Street and world financial markets (if word of his illness was discovered by the press), the Secret Service decided to secretly escort him to Andrews Air Force base outside Washington, D. C. He was quietly flown to the Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale, Arizona on a U. S. Air Force Lear jet for a comprehensive examination and diagnosis.
When the plane arrived in Phoenix, the Secret Service quickly escorted the VIP to a private entrance at the Mayo Clinic. A team of doctors had been alerted and were waiting for the guest when he arrived. The guest was given a battery of mental and physical examinations and tests.
After several days of examinations the group of distinguished doctors and medial examiners met in secret to discuss the findings of their week long examination of the VIP. The team of doctors was united in their diagnosis of their renowned guest. One of the most famous people in American history was suffering from an acute case of amnesia.
The noted guest could not remember his name, where he came from, what he was doing at the present time or where he was going in the future.
Types of Amnesia in the World Today
Amnesia is “a disturbance in the memory of information stored in long–term memory, in contrast to short–term memory, manifested by total or partial inability to recall past experiences.” (Stedman’s Medical Dictionary.) The medical examiners pointed out to family and friends of the guest that there are several types of amnesia:
“Anterograde Amnesia–Inability to remember ongoing events after the incidence of trauma or the onset of the disease that causes amnesia.
“Emotional–Hysterical Amnesia–Memory loss caused by psychological trauma; usually a temporary condition.
“Lacunar Amnesia–Inability to remember a specific event.
“Korsakoff Amnesia–Memory loss caused by chronic alcoholism
“Post- hypnotic Amnesia–Memory loss sustained from a hypnotic state; can include inability to recall events that occurred during hypnosis or information stored in long-term memory.
“Retrograde Amnesia–Inability to remember events that occurred before the incidence of trauma or the onset of disease that caused the amnesia..
“Transient Global Amnesia–Spontaneous memory loss that can last from minutes to several hours; usually seen in middle-aged to elderly people.” (Stedman’s Medical Dictionary.)
Based upon a preliminary diagnosis and examination, the doctors ruled out the following types of amnesia: (1) Lacunar Amnesia because the memory loss experienced by the VIP involves more than a single event; (2) Korsakoff Amnesia because the patient did not consume alcohol; (3) post- hypnotic Amnesia because the patient had never been hypnotized; and (4) Transient Global Amnesia because the memory loss has lasted for several days instead of several hours.
The team of distinguished doctors believed the patient was suffering from a combination of Anterograde Amnesia, Emotional-Hysterical Amnesia and Retrograde Amnesia. They were quick to point out further tests, studies and evaluations would have to be made before a final diagnosis was reached. The team also assured family and friends of the VIP guest that in most cases amnesia was just a temporary condition lasting for a few weeks or months.
After extensive consultations with the distinguished group of doctors at the Mayo Clinic, close relatives and friends of the guest decided it would be best to seclude the VIP at a private resort in the desert of Arizona, while a team of doctors at the Mayo Clinic and around America could devise a medical plan to help the guest regain his memory.
Important Items That the VIP Guest Could Not Remember
The doctors and medical staff at the hospital prepared a detailed list of items which the VIP could not recall. Their special guest could not remember that:
1. The Holy Bible is the Word of God.
2. The universe was created by an eternal Godhead consisting of three distinct and separate divine Holy Beings knows as God the Father, Jesus Christ and the Holy Ghost.
3. God created the earth.
4. Adam and Eve were created by God and placed in the Garden of Eden.
5. All life forms were created by God and placed upon the earth.
6. After Adam and Eve partook of the forbidden fruit all life became mortal.
7. The Fall of Adam and Eve instituted death on earth.
8. Adam was called to be the first prophet on earth.
9. Adam and Eve were the first family on earth.
10. The gospel of Jesus Christ was given to Adam by Holy Angels sent from the presence of God.
11. The Law of Sacrifice was instituted to teach the children of Adam and Eve about the future birth and sacrifice of Jesus Christ.
12. All people on earth are sons and daughters of God the Father.
13. Jesus Christ is the Son of God, the Creator, Redeemer, Savior and King of Heaven.
14. God gave unto Adam and Eve and their children the gift of free agency or the right to choose between good and evil, right and wrong, light and darkness, freedom and tyranny.
15. Lucifer, an angel who was authority in heaven, along with one third of the hosts of heaven who were cast out of heaven for rebellion, fell to earth and became the devil.
16. The Church of God was set up by Adam and Eve and the ordinance of baptism was initiated as entrance into the Church of God.
17. Various children of Adam and Eve became disobedient and rebellious and decided to follow and worship Satan instead of God and His Son.
18. God called great prophets throughout different periods of the earth history such as Noah, Moses, Isaiah and Jeremiah to teach repentance and faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.
19. Jesus is the Son of God and was born of a virgin named of Mary in Bethlehem.
20. Jesus organized His Church and called Apostles to teach the gospel.
21. Jesus came to earth to atone for the sins of all mankind.
22. Jesus was crucified and voluntarily gave up His life to complete the Atonement.
23. Jesus was resurrected on the third day and opened the way for all people to be resurrected.
24. The principles of the gospel are designed to help individuals achieve peace, happiness and success in their lives and eternal life in the world to come.
25. The books of the Holy Bible were compiled into one volume for the entire human race.
26. Satan inspires men and women on earth to introduce false religions, false philosophies and false belief systems to blind and deceive people and lead them away from God and the gospel of Jesus Christ.
27. Large numbers of people in the world are following Satan and his teachings today.
28. In the last days there would be a great war between the forces of righteousness and the forces of evil.
29. The world designed by Satan is called Babylon the Great by the prophets of God.
30. All people on earth have a very important choice to make in their lives: to follow the Savior of the world and His gospel or succumb to the ways of the world and embrace the teachings of Satan and his followers and partake of the spoils of Babylon.
31. All people on earth are accountable for their behavior, choices and sins.
32. All people on earth will be rewarded for the good they did on earth.
33. When you serve others you are only serving God.
34. All people on earth are entitled to personal revelation and inspiration from God.
35. God and His Son Jesus Christ love each and every person on earth.
36. People on earth are commanded to love God with all their heart, soul and mind and to love thy neighbor as thyself.
37. Obedience to the principles of the gospel of Jesus Christ is the greatest obligation resting upon people on earth.
38. Righteousness is crucial for nations if they want to receive the blessings of heaven.
39. God hold nations as well as people responsible for their actions on earth.
40. God raised up the Reformers in Europe and guided them in their quest for religious liberty
41. Columbus was divinely chosen and inspired to discover the new lands.
42. God is the author of Liberty and desires all people on earth to be free.
43. Isaiah prophesied that in the last days a great nation would be established and export liberty to all the world.
44. America has a divine origin and a divine destiny to serve as God’s New Israel–the Lord’s base of operations in the last days.
45. The founding fathers of America were raised up by God to redeem the land from Great Britain and establish a free nation.
46. The Declaration of Independence, U. S. Constitution, Bill of Rights and George Washington’s Farewell Address were inspired by God for the benefit of the world.
47. America is first and foremost a Christian nation.
48. The Civil War was a punishment for the institution of slavery in America.
49. In the not too distant future Jesus Christ will return to earth, destroy Babylon the Great, bind Satan, destroy evil and conspiring men and women and initiate the great Millennial reign of peace, freedom and happiness on earth.
50. Jesus Christ will reign personally on the earth for a thousand years.
51. Freedom, not slavery, bondage, exploitation and tyranny, is the wave of the future.
52. Every person born on earth will be resurrected and reap eternal rewards based upon their faithfulness in the worlds to come.
53. Only the righteous will live in the Kingdom of God.
No doubt the treatment plan devised by the extraordinary team of doctors at the Mayo Clinic will help the VIP to regain his memory in the not too distant future. By the way, the name of the person on the medical chart was simply listed as Uncle Sam.
The medical team has asked the author to prepare a series of papers on various subjects to help their patient regain his memory. The chapters in this volume were prepared at the doctor’s request.
Part II–The Loss of Memory is Devastating for a Nation
The loss of memory is as important for nations as it is for individuals. Arthur M. Schlesinger, writing in a famous treatise entitled, The Disuniting of America: Reflections on a Multi-cultural Society stated:
“Writing history is an old and honorable profession with distinctive standards and purposes. The historian’s goals are accuracy, analysis, and objectivity in the reconstruction of the past. But history is more than an academic discipline up there in the stratosphere. It also has its own role in the future of nations.
“For history is to the nation rather as memory is to the individual. As an individual deprived of memory becomes disoriented and lost, not knowing where he has been or where he is going, so a nation denied a conception of its past will be disabled in dealing with its present and its future. As the means of defining national identity, history becomes a means of shaping history.
The writing of history then turns from a moderation into a weapon. ‘Who controls the past controls the future,’ runs the Party slogan in George Orwell’s 1984; ‘who controls the present controls the past.’” (New York: W. W. Norton and Company, 1992, pp. 46-47.)
History is a guide to the past, but just as important, it is a guide to the future. In the hands of the ruling elite, history becomes a weapon. “The first step in liquidating a people is to erase its memory. Destroy its books, its culture, its history. Then have someone write new books, manufacture a new culture, invent a new history. Before long the nation will begin to forget what it is and what it was.” (A historian in Milan Kundera’s, The Book of Laughter and Forgetting. Quoted in Schlesinger, p. 52.)
The American people have lost their institutional memory of the Christian heritage that guided the nation for nearly 300 years. From 1620 until 1920 the people believed that America had a divine origin and destiny. That divinely decreed destiny was of America was to serve as the cradle of liberty and the home of Christianity.
In 1920 a new civil religion emerged in America and it quickly began attacking Christianity. Know as secularism, this new belief system was based upon agnosticism and atheism. The Bible was replaced with the Origin of Man by Charles Darwin. An ideological civil war erupted between those who believe in God and those who believe in the evolutionary development of man from a single cell through natural processes. In this new secular religion there is no God and no Creator. There is no divine rights of man and no spark of divinity in man.
The proponents of secularism quickly began to takeover the institutions of learning in America. First, the universities were seized and Christians were told to vacate the premises and not to return. Next, the philosophy of secularism began to trickle down into the public school system and gradually the entire nation was indoctrinated in a new religion without their even knowing it. They succeeded in removing Christianity from education in America through a strategy known as gradualism.
Once they gained control of the educational system in America, the secularists targeted other institutions such as government, media, publishing houses, foundations, courts and corporations. A new religion replaced Christianity and America became a secular state.
From 1920 until 2004 Christianity has been in retreat. It is time to halt the growth of secularism in America. It is time to restore the Christian religion in America. It is time to take a stand in the war between good and evil, right and wrong, light and darkness, freedom and tyranny. It is time to stand firmly in the defense of Christianity and its noble principles and doctrines. It is time to defend the founding fathers and the founding documents of America. It is time to defend the divinity of Jesus Christ as the Savior and Redeemer of the world. It is time to accept the Holy Bible as the Word of God and adhere to its inspired messages and declarations. It is time to say, enough is enough. It is time to repeat the cry once heard throughout the American colonies, “Don’t Tread on me.” It is time to say no to the basic principles, philosophies and beliefs of secularism which are destroying the heart and soul of American society and the world at large.
It is time to regain an understanding of the basic doctrines and teachings of the King James Version of the Holy Bible. The doctrines and teachings of the prophets in the Old Testament; the doctrines and teachings of the Lord Jesus Christ in the New Testament; and the doctrine and teachings of the apostles in the New Testament form the basis of reality and truth. The Holy Bible is the foundation of political, economic and religious liberty in America. It is imperative that we understand the doctrines and teachings of the Holy Bible if we are going to preserve America and its free institutions in the days ahead. It is imperative that we understand the basic doctrines and teachings of the Holy Bible if we are going to battle the forces of secularism.
Part I– Basic Doctrines and Teachings of the Old Testament
The Old Testament contains the writings of the prophets of God who were called and ordained and set apart as special ambassadors of the Lord Jesus Christ to teach the gospel or plan of salvation to the inhabitants of the earth. There are 39 books in the Old Testament, however, only 21 books were written by prophets of God. In this sections we will only look at the doctrines and teachings of the prophets of God. All of the quotes from the holy scriptures will be taken from the King James Version of the Holy Bible which was printed in England in 1611. In light of the changes in the various translations which have been made by secular scholars it is best to use the King James Version because it is the best translation of the copies of the ancient Greek manuscripts which contained the original writings of the prophets of God.
Book of Genesis
The Physical Creation of the Earth and the Heavens
In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.
And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.
And God called and the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.
And God said let there be firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.
And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament.
And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day.
And God said, Let the waters under the heaven be gathered together unto one place, and let the dry land appear: and it was so.
And God called the dry land Earth; and the gathering together of the waters called he Seas: and God saw that it was good.
And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seeds, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so.
And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good.
And the evening and the morning were the third day.
And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven t o divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:
And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so.
And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.
And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth.
And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good.
And in the evening and the morning were the fourth day.
And God said, let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that hath life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven.
And God created the great whales, and every living creature that moveth, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged foul after his kind: and God saw that it was good.
And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth.
And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.
And God said, let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so.